The rules of common courtesy hold that it’s not polite to speak ill of the dead. But let’s be honest — in the case of traditional marketing, this axiom does not apply. If traditional marketing has gone the way of the dinosaur, that’s good news for both buyers and sellers alike.
Prospects and sellers seem to hate traditional marketing with equal passion. It’s intrusive and annoying for buyers, and its ineffective, time consuming and draining for marketing reps. If traditional marketing is the school bully, social selling is the new kid on the block. Fortunately for everyone involved in this, social selling is more than capable of knocking traditional marketing back into the stone age where it belongs.
So, a question is why does digital marketing work better for businesses?
- More reach Digital marketing now lets you connect with audiences from all the different buying phases. There are no restraints when it comes to geographic, demographic or even language barriers. This makes it the fastest growing demographic for the platform. Therefore, in conclusion if you are looking to reach your target market, you WILL find them online.
- Added trust When it comes to traditional marketing, you’re asking people to trust you without first giving them a reason. This approach has always been challenging, but never more so than now. If they can find social confirmation of your skill online, then they’re more likely to come to you. Because people have gotten used to finding what they need online, it’s a lot easier to lead them to you. You can make a trust deposit by creating helpful content on your blogs and sharing it via social media
- Cost effective There is a common misconception that traditional marketing is the cheaper option of the two because all it takes is time. Yet, your time is the most valuable resource you have. Many, fail to give adequate value to their time. Producing positive ROI is about spending time doing what you do best and streamlining the rest. Sometimes, that could mean outsourcing your marketing department.
- It broadens your reach Digital marketing gives you the chance to grow your reach exponentially. When one person reads, and shares your content, their entire network can see it. If a few people share it your reach will grow and grow and grow. This is the basis for viral marketing – the holy grail of content marketing.
- Prospects are in their comfort zone Your prospects will be more likely to trust you if they’re able to verify your ability and credibility. Through digital marketing, you can provide social proof via testimonials and case studies. These types of content are hugely effective at turning visitors into leads and leads into prospects.